Few moments are more annoying and stressful than when one is left without a means to reach help from a dentist. Everyone knows how important good oral hygiene is in maintaining overall health, and this can’t be done without regular trips to the dentist.
Sometimes you need to have immediate dental services and your local dentist may not be accepting appointments. In that case, it may be time to visit an emergency dentist in Valley, AL.
When You May Need Emergency Care
Wondering why you may need to know your nearest emergency dentist? Here are a few times when an emergency tooth expert can come in handy:
- One of your permanent teeth is knocked out in a collision
- You were just in an accident and suffered some serious dental injuries
- You are having intense tooth pain that does not subside with over-the-counter remedies such as ibuprofen or Tylenol
- You have a dental abscess or infection that is not responding to antibiotics
How to Know That it’s Time for Emergency Dentistry
If you are unsure whether or not an emergency dentist in Valley, AL may be needed, here are a few signs that can help guide your decision:
- There is pain that has persisted for more than two weeks and has gotten worse over time
- This type of pain is far worse than you’ve ever experienced before and it’s not going away
- Swollen gums are red and tender to touch, with pain when you bite down on a cheek or tongue
- Swelling of the face, throat, or neck is present in the area where your tooth was knocked out
Monitor your symptoms closely and if your situation worsens, it may be time to visit your local emergency dentist to get fast and expert help.